Sunday 21 July 2013

Scene 66: More Script Extract

Let's be honest, if you've been reading this blog with any regularity you'll know I can be a bit patchy and inconsistent with my posts - though I do try and post every week, and make for weeks I've missed. 

I can at least say that whilst I have not been writing my blog for the last week or two, I have managed to finish a script instead, and I don't mean a 15 page short, this is a full 67 page draft script of a television pilot. 

I've been working on it for a long time - as is the nature of writing - and at one point I even created a little story board/ outline thing out of post it notes on my wall.



Though of course elements of the story have changed since then! 

The current draft needs work too and will probably change as well, but I'm still pleased I have completed a full draft anyway and have managed to actually adhere to some of the scriptwriting advice I've mentioned on this blog. Remember Joss Whedon saying 'finish it' in my Five Screenwriting Tips post?

Anyway, I thought as you guys are so patient and seem to take a interest in my script extracts  - one has been viewed 107 times - that I'd be generous and post up a scene from my draft. All copyright applies etc. 

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR, N&N HOSP: MORNING

Marion is stood at the nurses' station glaring over the desk at a scared young nurse. Alison, Hank and Lee come down the corridor to them.

ALISON
(to the nurse)
I got your call. What's happened?

MARION
He's gone!

ALISON
Gone?

MARION
He's not in his room. His clothes are gone and I found this in there with his wallet.

She shows Alison a scrawled note: SORRY, BORROWED MONEY. WILL REPAY.

ALISON
Strange. He may not have gone far though. Has anyone seen him?

MARION
Well she... (points accusingly at nurse) Certainly hasn't.

LEE
'Cuse me..

Alison turns to the nurse too.

ALISON
Wasn't there someone at the station?

NURSE
I don't know. Everyone was busy, the station might have been...

ALISON
Left unmanned? Christ. (to Marion) Ms Reid, I'm so sorry about this.

LEE
'Cuse me. But we need to talk to this guy, remember? And you're telling me he's wandered off?

ALISON
I...

MARION
And who are you?

HANK
Hank Baker, Canadian embassy mam.

Lee
Lee Turner, MOD.

MARION
MOD? You must have made a mistake. My brother is a restaurant owner. He's only been in London like a week, why do you want to talk to him?

HANK
That's classified.

MARION
Well so's he. 

LEE

Look, I know this is probably a bad time...

MARION
A bad time! My brother has brain damage for Christ's sake. He doesn't even know who is!

LEE
Doctor Haywood has explained his condition thank you. Now don't you think we should try and find Mr Reid? What state was he in? Could he have left the hospital?

ALISON
Probably, if he can write and dress himself, then he's motor skills and balance must be fine. But he's still recovering from the infection. How far he's got (she shakes her head)... I don't know.

LEE

We should check the CCTV. (to Alison and Marion) Can you give us a description of him?

Hank opens his folder and pulls out a photocopy of Charlie's passport.

HANK
He looks... wait.

He shows Lee the photocopy.

HANK
Look familiar?

LEE
(can't quite believe it)
Yes.

ALISON
You've seen him?

MARION
Where?!

LEE
Outside. He walked past us towards Great Ormond Street.

MARION
So, he's out in London. Alone! This just gets better and better! 

ALISON
We have to alert the police.

HANK
Wait, his phone! You said he left his wallet. Did he leave his phone?

MARION
Err...no.

HANK
Was it on?

MARION
It's always on.

HANK
Great. Give me his number.

Hank pulls out his phone.

HANK CONT'D 
We can try and track down his phone via GPS. Locate him Bond style.

LEE
(pleasantly surprised)
Good thinking. 

Hank dials his phone.

HANK
Hey Andy, its Baker. I need you to track a phone for me....

CUT TO:

(C) KCS 21/7/2013




No comments:

Post a Comment