Sunday 1 July 2012

Scene 26: Farewell Nora Ephron

The Oscar-nominated, BAFTA Awarding winning screenwriter, director and producer Nora Ephron has unfortunately passed away, the BBC News has reported.  




I shall be honest at this point and admit that though I had heard of Nora Ephron, I didn't know what she had done, up until now. When I saw list of films she'd written I couldn't believe it. She has written some of the most famous romantic comedy films in the industry. If you have not seen one of her films you either hate romance or you've been ingoring films for the last couple of decades. 


Her credits include - Sleepless in Settle (1993), When Harry Met Sally (1989), You've Got Mail (1998) and her most recent film Julie and Julia (2009).  Yes, she is the woman who wrote the famous Meg Ryan in the cafe scene, and I am sure she shall be missed. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment